Thursday, October 30, 2014

I'm going to miss this Texas home of mine

So, this afternoon, I was standing in the livingroom with my tea in hand when I got to experience Ryder (age 6), running into the doorway yelling, "Lehi, I have something for you! I made it in school!" He throws his bag pack down, hastily searches for something, and then jumps up to hug me while giving me this artwork of his.

In that moment,  I was very touched with his thoughtful and kind gesture. It got me thinking of how lucky mothers are to get things like that from their kids... I can't wait to have kids of my own.

I spent some time talking to Zane and Ryder on the couch shortly afterwards. They're so cute. I'm going to miss these boys, even their amusing and sometimes annoying fights.

Another learning experience for me here in Texas on top of living with a roommate, who happens to be a man with two sons.

No comments:

Post a Comment